R v Hunt  AC 352 - HL - S 101 MCA.
- burden on defendant to prove exception?
1) the common law applies the principle in s 101 MCA to cases heard on indictment.
2) express words are not necessarily required to place a burden of proof on D.
3) ease or difficulty of proving an exception is relevant in determining burden of proof.
4) ambiguity in absolute offence to be resolved in favour of D.
Access to full case digests is restricted to members of Consumer Crime Cases. If you would like to read the full case digest, please register as a member.